Cajun Shrimp is all about the seasoning. Mrs. Pruitts Gourmet CHA CHA will give this Southern Classic dish a delectable twist.
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 3 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- ½ cup butter
Alfredo Sauce Directions
- Place a small sauce pan over medium heat and add in the butter and sauté the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and whisk in the parmesan cheese.
- Continue to whisk for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove the pan from the heat.
Cajan Shrimp Pasta Ingredients
- 1 Pound of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Cups of pasta (your favorite choice), cooked and drained
- 3 Cups alfredo sauce
- 1/2 Cup Mrs. Pruitt’s Gourmet CHA CHA
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ Cup green onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Red pepper, chopped
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for topping
Cajan Shrimp Pasta Directions
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees F.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic in oil
- Add peppers, continue to sauté for 5 minutes or until the peppers are cooked.
- Add the uncooked shrimp and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked and pink.
- Add the cooked pasta and pour the Mrs. Pruitt’s Gourmet CHA CHA and alfredo sauce into the
- Skillet and toss together.
- In a casserole dish pour in the pasta until full and sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Serves 4 people
Pick Your Favorite Flavor
Motor City Hot
A Family Tradition
Grandma Pruitt developed the original CHA CHA recipe in the heart of South Carolina. Mrs. Pruitt’s recipe honors her spirit. It has been passed down through generations. The recipe was derived from the need to preserve bountiful harvests of home grown vegetables. It was often a family affair where everyone would come together and help in the canning process.
CHA CHA means “no food ever wasted.”
Today we continue to celebrate the tradition of family and community and saving all food by giving back.