Yield: 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Active time: 15 minutes
Start to finish: 15 minutes
1/2 pound tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
1/2 onion, quartered
1 small jalapeño, halved
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chopped
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the broiler to high.
2. Place the tomatillos, onion, jalapeño and garlic on a sheet tray and place it under the broiler, 4-to 6-inches from the burner.
3. Cook, turning the vegetables occasionally, until tender and slightly charred
4. Place the vegetables in a blender and puree until smooth.
5. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt to taste.